Thursday, October 29, 2009

Working in Special Ed

Its been 6 weeks since starting to work as a Para in a special ed class room. I'm working as a one on one with a child we will name Chase. He is a good kid most of the time but seems like he gives me 10 minutes of time a day to actually teach him. He is 12 years old and can say the abc's but cant pic out a C or E and other letters if he has all 26 letters in front of him. Its tough sometimes cause I try to teach him and if he doesnt want to learn he wont. Our class is a pretty good group its a self contained class with 8 kids total, they are all on different levels so its pretty tough teaching them all in one group activity. Its been a good experience so far and there will definately some more adventures for the rest of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for visiting our blog and it was nice to hear from you. I'll bet things have really been pretty busy for you. Did you end up moving back home or still living in our neck of the woods?
    I see that you have found a job that you seem to be passionate about and I hope that it goes well. Feel free to visit/comment us anytime whether it be our class site or in person. Good luck with the rest of your school year!

    ReplyDelete